For courses in Genomics and for biology courses that include Genomics in their subject matter.
With the complete genome sequence now available for a variety of organisms, the field of genomics is growing enormously. Challenged by the rapidly changing landscape, access to the latest research is essential. Benfey's innovative design combines a traditional text format with PowerPoints to provide up-to-date coverage.
I. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND.
2. Technical Foundations of Genomics.
II. GENOMICS TECHNOLOGIES.
4. Fundamentals of Mapping and Sequencing.
5. Genome Sequencing.
6. Microarrays and Expression Analysis.
7. High-Through-Put Genetics.
9. Structural Genomics.
III. GENOMICS APPROACHES TO BASIC BIOLOGICAL PROBLEMS.
10. Comparative Genomics.
11. Microbial Genomics.
12. Genomics and Biological Networks.
13. Genome Structure.
14. Genomics and Human Origins.
IV. GENOMICS APPLICATIONS.
15. Genomics and Medicine.
16. Genomics and Mendelian Disease Traits.
17. Genomics and Complex Disease Traits.
19. Genomics and Agriculture.
20. Ethical Issues Raised by Genomics.